This is our cabinet where we house our containers for leftovers and lunches for school. This is a relatively clean day. However, I just reorganized it last week, so it’s not terrible. But, usually after a week or two back at school, they are all over the place and you have to pull them all out to find the lids. It doesn’t help that it’s a corner cabinet and you often need a flashlight to get into it and see anything. When I’m in a hurry packing lunches, or trying to run out the door with my delicious Texas Caviar, I really don’t like hunting for lids!
We were recently introduced to Dixie Quicktakes®, the resizable, dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, use one time or many times, recyclable on-the-go containers with the lids attached!
I was able to mix it up and easily take it over in the Quicktakes®, and when we left, I didn’t worry about leaving the extras with the neighbors for the next day. I suggested they could recycle it when they were finished with the dip, or they could throw it in the dishwasher and use it many more times. At less than $1 a piece, I wasn’t upset about leaving my container there.
The Quicktakes® are also good for the girls and their copious amounts of crafts. They love to take my nice glass containers and put their paints and colors in them, but now, they can put them in the Quicktakes® in either the small or large and I don’t have to worry about them losing the lid!
*I purchased the Quicktakes and will be reimbursed. All thoughts are my own.
Easy Texas Caviar
- 2 cans of black-eyed peas drained
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- 2 bell peppers you pick colors, diced
- cilantro chopped
- 2 firmer avocados diced
- 2 firm tomatoes seeded and diced
- lime juice + salt and pepper or an italian/vinaigrette dressing
- jalapeño minced
- Mix everything together, adding the avocado last.
- Then either squeeze some lime juice and salt and pepper on it, or sprinkle with an italian-type dressing.
- Serve with tortilla chips and devour. Best served with ice-cold or frozen margaritas.