Patriotic Gluten-Free Muddy Buddy Chex Mix
There are so many holidays and days for celebrating where patriotic colors of red, white and blue are proudly displayed. Quite a few of them usually end up with group festivities, barbecues or other group hang outs where the people need to be fed. It’s nice to be able to combine a tasty snack people will enjoy with a patriotic twist; thus making gluten-free muddy buddy Chex mix for our next gathering.
The recipe of red, white and blue is super simple and only requires the use of a microwave or the stove; no heating of the oven and the whole house required.
Making Gluten-Free Muddy Buddy Chex Mix
Start with rice Chex, or corn Chex, or a mix of the two.
Melt the white chocolate chips and the coat the Chex with them. Allow these to cool completely. If you don’t you will end up with melted chocolate chunks and/or cracked m&ms.
After they are cooled, coat the chocolate covered cereal in powdered sugar using a zippered bag. Then toss in the gluten-free pretzels, mini-marshmallows, chocolate chunks and patriotic m&ms.
Bring it to your next gathering
The result is a nice mix of salty and sweet that is sure to be a big crowd pleaser. Of course, you can always swap out the m&m colors to match any theme you see fit!
Gluten-Free Patriotic Muddy Buddy Chex Mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 cup Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Patriotic M&M’S
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzel sticks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Place 8 cups of Chex cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave, a few seconds at a time and stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex mix. Mix well. Allow to cool completely.
- Put the powdered sugar in a zippered bag.
- Toss the white chocolate covered Chex mix into the bag with powdered sugar. *Make sure the Chex mix is fully coated in powdered sugar.
- Add in the M&M’S, marshmallows, pretzels, and chocolate chunks.
- Toss well and enjoy.
I loooooooooove muddy buddies. We have a big get together in the cul de sac for the 4th. This would be a fun treat to bring!