Are you and your friends getting ready for Avengers: Infinity War? Maybe you are having a Marvel Avengers-athon and trying to watch all of the movies before April 27th gets here. I’m a few movies short, but some girlfriends and I are going to try to get them all in to make sure we have caught all of the hints and clues that 10 years of movies can drop. In preparation for our movie watching, I thought a fun drink might be in order, The Capsicle, a Captain America Frozen Cocktail.
This frozen cocktail is in honor of America’s favorite, the First Avenger, Captain America. Naturally, the drink is frozen, just like Cap! And, the drink has to be called The Capsicle (a Captain America Frozen Cocktail) because everybody loves a good Tony Stark jab at The Cap! Really, who doesn’t love a good nickname?
Naturally, any beverage in honor of Captain America would also need to flaunt America’s red, white and blue. So, this fun, layered and tasty adult beverage fits the bill for your movie watching binge. Maybe I should call this drink the Frozen Steve Rogers. Nah, I think The Capsicle is better.
- citron vodka
- sweetened blue raspberry lemonade drink
- coconut rum
- coconut syrup
- whipped topping (either dairy or dairy-free)
- blue and red sprinkles
For a tasty and non-dairy alternative, you could whip up some coconut milk or cream for the topping and your lactose-free friends will be able to enjoy the beverage, too!
Are you ready?
Grab your blender, a couple ingredients and your movies and settle in for some good movie watching. Need a reminder of the best order to watch the movies? Check out how you can Fast Track your Road to Infinity War Movie Marathon, so you know where Avengers: Age of Ultron fits in, for example.
How to Make the Capsicle, a Captain America Frozen Cocktail
The Capsicle - Captain America Frozen Cocktail
- Red and Blue Sprinkles
- Simple Syrup
- Whipped Topping
- 1 oz Citron Vodka
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sweetened blue raspberry lemonade drink mix (like kool-aid)
- 2 cups ice
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup
- 2 cups ice
- Dip your glass in the simple syrup then into the red and blue cake sprinkles
- Set glass to the side
- Add all of the ingredients for the BLUE part into the blender and blend on high for 45 seconds.
- Pour your blue part unto the glasses filling 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Now rinse the blender before you start the white portion.
- Add all of your ingredients for the white part into the blender and blend on high for 45 seconds.
- Pour your white part on top of the blue part.
- If you'd like, top with whipped topping and more sprinkles.
Need more party ideas? Check out this Avengers party how-to.
Looking for another refreshing Marvel cocktail? Grab a glass and make Bucky’s Blackberry Lemonade.