Now that it’s starting to cool off and we’ve gotten into more of a school/virtual school routine, the family has been picking up the Nintendo Switch more and more. We were recently sent one of the newest games, Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch to check out.
Our 8 year old is especially enjoying Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch, so I asked my puzzle and logic loving girl to write a little bit more me. Here’s what she had to say.
Thoughts on Pikmin 3 Deluxe from an 8 year old
Pikmin 3 Deluxe is a tough strategy game that will test your memory of where things are and navigation skills to remember where to go to finish your day successfully. Sometimes you don’t get successful and you have to restart your day. (Day 12 was hard for me and my dad together.)
I think that you should play Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Here are some cool things about the game, Pikmin 3 Deluxe:
- You can play it with a Nintendo Switch Pro controller and a normal controller
- There are 36 missions to solve
- There are extra side stories from Pikmin 1 and 2
- You can get hints if you are stuck
- You can play with one other person, or by yourself
- There are many different types of Pikmin to help you on your adventures (I think there are 7 types)
- There are many bosses that you need to defeat which can be very difficult; like one that turns invisible
- When you collect fruit for your crew and your ship collects the fruit, they have silly names sometimes; like the dragon fruit is called “fire breathing feast”
Fighting monsters and bosses can be challenging to defeat if you have chosen the wrong Pikmin for your attack. When you have 2 players, you can split your Pikmin and your screen or you can both be on the same screen (but I prefer having the screen split).
SPOILER ALERT: Pikmin can’t swim in water. (but maybe the blue ones can. I haven’t got them yet in the game.)
Those are all the reasons why I think you should play Pikmin 3 Deluxe.
About Pikmin 3 Deluxe from Nintendo
In this deluxe version of Pikmin 3, team up with a friend to grow and command five different crops of Pikmin to overcome obstacles, collect food for the home planet and dive into new side-story missions. With more options for cooperative play and settings that make it easy for newcomers to start their Pikmin journey, these tiny Pikmin are in for their biggest adventure yet!